PDA

View Full Version : From the Bushes-Kabini

Manasi Chaphalkar
21-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Canon 550D, 70-300m, f5.6, 1/8sec, FL 300mm, Av Priority, ISO 400
Dec 2012.
It was a pleasant evening in Kabini and we saw him in the tracks lazying around..when we approached he had already disappeared into the bushes..we waited and then the king made his entry coming out of the bushes...he was there in the bushes and we could see him..he was straight staring at us..it seemed he was getting lazy and kept yawning..as the bushes were kind of dense this is what i could manage with my 70-300mm..As this is my first Tiger sighting that too in Kabini..it will always be special..:)

Regards
Manasi C

Mrudul Godbole
21-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Congrats on your first tiger sighting in Kabini :). Ya he looks quite relaxed sitting in the grass. Its good you got the eyes in clear. Your shutter speed was quite less, seems the light was low. A slight higher ISO would have helped. You captured it well in the low light conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Very low shutter speed. At times it is better to just take a record shot and then watch the tiger. I am sure you will sight more tigers in your subsequent visits.

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Its nice that you have seen your first tiger in Kabini.The image looks like one taken by a film camera with Fuji 200 ASA film with one 3.5/4 200/300 mm tele without much intervention of modern technology. I get a nice feel of the forest in such images. 'As I saw it' what exactly image conveys to us.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Manasi Chaphalkar
26-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks..yes the shutter speed was quite low due to low light conditions..it was nearly getting dark soon..and I did not have bean bag or anything. Handheld shot. Agree should have increased the ISO.

Regards
Manasi C