PDA

View Full Version : My first sighting of Tiger @ Kabini

Hymakar Valluru
22-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Sunday morning i can never forget for times to come... It rained heavily on saturday evening due to which there was lot of mist and fog on sunday morning. As we got leapord sighting in Zone A we thought of heading back there but luck has it way.. we were allotted to Afsar's jeep and a few expers were in the same jeep...This jeep was going to Zone B.

We were the first to enter the Zone, as we were entering inside scanning the place in low light.. Sun rays started penetrating through the mist to make our sighting and images better. While the jeep was moving in we see fresh pug marks on both sides of the road in opposite directions..

Mohan one of the experts made his calculations and quickly arrived at a conclusion to move further.. and his judgement was bang on and Afsar starts whispering strongly "Tiger, Tiger, Tiger..." as our jeep stops at 50 to 60 mtrs away from the Big Male Tiger.. The King makes a turn gives a 20 second stare afterwhich gracefully walks into the woods... Thus King of the Jungle making my day and making my visit worth while...

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.7
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 2000
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III

Mrudul Godbole
22-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Congrats on your first tiger sighting in Kabini. Good that you could get it just through the trees. Slight less space on the right would be good. I think you can increase the brightness sightly. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Nice composition. Looks like a painting. Wish the colours to come out more natural. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2013, 11:19 AM
ISO 2000 is a lot and I won't push the 60D to that level. The image is underexposed. By any chance have you set negative exposure compensation in your camera?

This looks like the same tiger that Sucheth had posted?

Unfortunately, from your position the tree comes infront of the tiger. Either a little bit behind or more to the right would have been the ideal position. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
24-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Congrats on the first tiger sighting. A touch of brightness would enhance the image. Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan