PDA

View Full Version : Panderpouni Tigress

Murugan Anantharaman
23-03-2013, 04:50 AM
This image is from the same series of the tiger sitting on the road posted by Gajanan Bhai. It was actually a nightmare clicking images of this tigress. There were around 25 gypsies literally chasing her and most of the snaps got shaken due to continous jerks of the gypsy inching forward. It was quite upsetting to see the mobbing by gypsies. It was almost 5.30pm and the light was bad too.

Nikon D7000,f/9,SS 1/20,ISO 800,fl 500mm. Sigma 150-500.full frame.

Mrudul Godbole
23-03-2013, 02:38 PM
The pose is nice. The shutter speed was quite low. With the gypsy moving, it would be quite difficult to get the eyes sharp if the tigress moved slightly. You did well in the given conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Nice confident pose. Healthy tigress. During last week of May,2005, when I went to Tadoba-Andhari ; there was only one vehicle and a tourist bus from Chandrapur during the morning safari. And the rush now.......Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Times have really changed. Wildlife safari has become a fashion. Everybody feels that they should have a camera and press the button so that they can become a big star. A person was asking if 10lakhs is sufficient to buy equipment for his kid, as he wants his kid to become a wildlife photographer. The way people were having craze for buying real estate, I see similar craze for wildlife photography.

The shutter speed here was pretty low. Reducing the aperture to f6.3 would have given you 1/40 shutter speed and that would have been a bit better. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
24-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Well done Murugan under the circumstances. Tadoba has taken by storm for past over 18 months, we had quite a few horrifying experiences during my recent trip in Jan'13. However last summer I have seen forest guards at most water holes to ensure discipline and a Q system to see the tigers.