PDA

View Full Version : Tigress-1

Gajanan Bapat
25-03-2013, 01:50 PM
At TATR

Canon 7d; 100-400 mm

f/7.1; 1/200 sec; ISO-800; Handheld; AV Mode..

Mrudul Godbole
25-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Nice you got her looking towards you. The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
26-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Lovely image Gajanan Bhai. The colors look a bit saturated. Could tone it down a bit I feel. Nevertheless a nice image. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Nice pose. I agree with Murugan. The image looks like too much of "haldi" (turmeric) paste applied. If you can tell us how you are processing your images, then we can suggest. Thanks for sharing.

Gajanan Bapat
26-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Dear Mr. Sabyasachi Patra

Thanks for comments

As my post, 90% of snap are more saturated or color issue, as per members view; I am very thankful to you, please help me about post processing, what i can do while pp are as under by step by step ..

1] Process in CS5
2] capture the image in raw format
3] open in cs5,
i} white balance- Normally Daylight
ii} Auto - Exposure, recovery, fill light, Blacks, Brightness, contrast,
iii} Open Image
iv} Crop as required ..
v} Image menu- Adjustment - if required Shadow/ Highlight, Brightness/ contrast, Saturation,
vi} Filter Menu -- Sharpen
vii} Image menu--- If required Levels & Curves
viii} Type tools -- Type name
ix} Save for web & devices
x} Finish

so i request you please suggest me where i am wrong? & what is correct procedure of PP, so I can learn & improve PP ...

awaiting for your reply ..

Thanks

Gajanan Bapat

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2013, 01:14 PM
We normally recommend using Adobe Lightroom, which is specifically designed for photographers. You can check the quick tutorial here -

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2287

I would also suggest that you check if your monitor is rightly colour calibrated, as the image might appear fine on your monitor, while other places the colours would look unnatural.

Gajanan Bapat
26-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Dear Ms. Mrudul Godbole

Thanks for reply

Normally I process on my dell Laptop ..

I will go through quick tutorial link, can you please help me about Adobe Lightroom software download link ..

Thanks

Gajanan Bapat

Gajanan Bapat
28-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Dear All

I again Process the same image as per your comments ..

please comments ..

Gajanan Bapat

Sabyasachi Patra
28-03-2013, 05:34 PM
This image looks closer to reality.
Which even software you may use, you need to first set the white balance or colour temperature. In wildlife photography, unless you get the colours right, the images will have no value. Facebook likes and good shot, great shot comments in some photosharing sites mean nothing.
When I first shifted to digital, I didn't knew how to process and my images used to look yellow for the first couple of months before I got a hang of the software. Unfortunately, even today photographers in some of the popular photosharing sites go oohh and ahhh and praise the yellow images.

You have to see that the whites appear as white and not some other colour.

Then set the black point and then the highlights and then midtones.
You have to check if some of the blacks have lost details, that means, if the details of the skin/hair of the coat can be seen in the blacks or not. If not, then you have to try to reduce the blacks and/or lift the shadows. Increasing contrast also leads to the colours appearing saturated and more yellow.

Gajanan Bapat
28-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Thanks for information it is valuable for me, i will definitely try as you suggest, & improve my Photography & PP, as i feel mainly i made mistake White Balance ..

Thanks

Gajanan Bapat

Gajanan Bapat
28-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Please educate me How manage the white balance in camera & Post Processing?

Thanks

Gajanan Bapat

Mrudul Godbole
29-03-2013, 02:11 PM
You can check the below thread to get more details about White balance settings -

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12255