PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Hunting 1

Debasis Bose
17-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Got down from the watch tower and was driving back to FRH, while climbing down the watch tower continuous call of spotted dear was coming from the junction of thandi sadak, Dhikala zone in CTR. We drove towards the biforcation and waited for some movement, suddenly the action started with the a chital hind leaping in front of our gypsy and before realising the tigress was in the air with huge leap and then the chase started. Sequence as captured follows, initial shots were bit out of focus due to excitement. All the shots have been cropped 80% and resized to achieve the stipulated size below 300 KB. NIKON D3100 was used with 70-300 VR with exposure of 1/500s, ISO-400, F 300mm, aperture 5. Hope you will enjoy.:001_smile:

Mrudul Godbole
18-04-2013, 01:06 PM
You got to witness some amazing action. Liked the chasing pose with the 3 legs in mid air position. Seems the AF point is locked in the background, so the tigress is not in focus. Thanks for sharing.

P.S -You don't have to crop images to get them below 300kb. Which software are you using to process images?

Sabyasachi Patra
18-04-2013, 08:00 PM
You don't need to crop to bring down the size. Just convert with lower quality setting and using a max 1000 pixels on the longest side. Which software are you using? I think in this image you the AF has not locked on to the tiger. Which AF point were you using?

Debasis Bose
18-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi and Mrudul for the tips. In excitement since autofocus was hunting and not locking I changed over to manual and by the time I locked on to the tigress and chital hind, the leap was over and tiger was on ground with chase on. I am using windows media player software, also I do posses Sony creative software due to paucity of time unable to master it