PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan morning

Kaustuv Chatterjee
28-04-2013, 08:19 PM
High above Pangot we turned a corner and the clouds cleared just enough to create this magical scene. In the crisp cold Himalayan air and with the vista unfolding in front of me, time stood still.
Shot with the Nikon D 90, Nikkor 18-105mm lens, 18mm, ISO 200, 1/400s - F/8

Mrudul Godbole
29-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Wow beautiful. The ranges of mountains spread till the eye can see just shows the vastness of the place. Beautiful light. Amazing landscape, it does make time stand still. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
30-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks Mrudul

Sabyasachi Patra
06-05-2013, 11:53 AM
The depth of field is adequate in this image. The mountains form many layers in this image and lend a lot of depth to the image. It is good that there are clouds on top. May be a bit early in the morning would have resulted in better sky colours. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Very nice image Kaustuv. Its got a very ethereal feel to it. Must have been wonderland standing there and enjoying the cool mountain air and seeing what you have photographed. Your image has transported me to the mountains, thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
13-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks Murugan, it was indeed a memorable moment.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Kaustuv,
Just wanted to give some more thoughts. This scene is ideal for use of a Graduated Neutral density filter. That would have helped in getting the top a bit more darker than the bottom. So the clouds would have looked a shade more black and would have given a lot more meaning to the image. This image is good. That would have made it great. Perhaps this is one of your best images that I have seen.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
17-05-2013, 08:13 AM
My next purchase along with the new Nikon 80-400mm will,be the graduated neutral density filter! Thanks ��