PDA

View Full Version : Poster's dilemma

Bhargava Srivari
29-04-2013, 12:35 PM
It took some thinking to post this picture in the mammals page. The image is a landscape at the heart of it, but I certainly would not have made pictures of the scene if not for the few Spotted deer at the edge of the water in the bottom right part of the scene. Of course, there's a bird as well in the image but it's there just by chance if you know what I mean. The deer got the benefit of doubt and that's how the image got into the mammals section.

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM | f/5.6, ISO 200, EC -3, 50mm, evaluative metering | Bandipur, Karnataka | April 2013.

Mrudul Godbole
29-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Nice scene. The reflection of the light in the water looks nice. The bird on the left adds to the composition. Seems lot of water has dried up, need rains soon :(. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Looks like a beautiful painting. The pattern created in the right lower-half of the image resembles a painting of Rabindranath Tagore, I think. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
30-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I like the lower half portion. The bird brings an unwanted tension into the image. This belongs to landscape.