PDA

View Full Version : Leopard walking elegantly

Debasis Bose
03-05-2013, 06:09 PM
:cool:Confidently walking off not bothered about our presence. Nikkon D7000, 240 mm, aperture 5, f/18, 1/4000s, ISO-6400

Mrudul Godbole
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Wow nice to see it in the open in broad day light. Where was this? In Corbett? I think a lower ISO and wider aperture like f7 and lesser shutter speed would have sufficed in this case. Were you using Auto settings? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Where was it? A leopard sighting is always nice. And now that I am shooting film on leopard, and learning the plight of this magnificent animal first hand, every sighting by someone makes me feel happy that a leopard is surviving somewhere in India. Slight head tune towards you would have been fantastic. 1/4000 is not needed unless there is some real action. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
04-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Dear Mrudul and Sabyasachi, Thank you for your suggestions and they are really informative for me, will try to improve on the same. Being with family I forget when lovely things unfold and for those few seconds all of us in excitement and me being totally ametuer photographer I just press the click button and the camera and lens does the rest in auto. That was in Bandhavgarh. Cheers Debasis

Murugan Anantharaman
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Nice spotting of the leopard in broad daylight. These elusive animals are tough to spot, and getting a picture of them during the day is a bonus. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
07-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Great sighting. Nice to see it strut around in the open.

TFS
Roopak