28-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Atlast, a Hoopoe on the ground . . .

ECR road this morning. 400D, APO 170-500, F6.3, 1/640, ISO 400

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
28-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi Rajan,

Nice photograph. Liked the low angle and the slightly open beak.You could have uploaded a bigger image. I think there is some noise in the BG.

Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
28-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Rajan,
It is great that you found one on the ground. The angle is also nice. I like the rim light you got. Did you pull up the exposure during post processing? I am saying this because there is some noise in the background.

The image size looks small.

Which focussing point were you using? I also think your lens front focusses a bit. Please check.

I would crop from the left to eliminate the leaf as well as the piece of paper on the ground.

The next on the wish list is a hoopoe on the ground with a insect in its beak. :D I am sure we will see that soon.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rajan Kanagasabai
28-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Dear Sabyasachi

I did have to pull up the exposure during PP and hence the noise. I wanted to NEAT it but let it out for now.

I use the Center point focus. Any specific way's i can check for front focussing ? Or is it maybe because i held the trigger down after focus and tried to recompose ?

Oh, BTW, i got one of them on the ground, with an insect in the beak as well . . . here it is!!

400D, APO 170-500, F6.3, 1/800, ISO 400

regards
Rajan

Sagar Patil
29-06-2009, 12:39 AM
I think there was a prior discussion between you guys regarding insect :D

Btw second photo is amazing.

Kiran Ghadge
29-06-2009, 10:54 AM
thats amazing one... Sabyasachi wished for it and you got it... TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Rajan,
Just place a news paper flat on a table. And place a ruler (or scale as we call it) by its side. Then place your camera on a tripod or firm support. Use the AF and then click. You can see where the exact point of focus is. If in doubt then let me know. I am back in town now.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi