PDA

View Full Version : Cub trying hard

Hymakar Valluru
06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
This cub has tried his level best to drag the Nilgai... it struggled for almost for 10 minutes before handling the mantle to one of its siblings.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.0
Metering Mode Spot Metering
Exposure Compensation -1
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM

Sabyasachi Patra
06-05-2013, 03:51 PM
It is great that you sighted tiger with kill. The tail position looks interesting. The image looks a bit dark and the blacks have lost details.

Why spot metering mode and -1? What was the shutter speed? How much of a crop is this? You need to check your point of focus, as the focus seems to be behind the tiger with the hind leg a bit better focused than then head and body. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hymakar Valluru
06-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Spot metering was by mistake, as the light is too bright i have put -1, As i was in AV mode, the shutter speed recorded was 1/5000. I got little desperate while clicking this in excitement i did not check the Focus points also... Spot metering and Focus was something i should have corrected.

What would have been the right EV?

Mrudul Godbole
06-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Nice action captured. I liked the tugging pose. Agree the light seems quite harsh. The shutter speed was 1/5000 or 1/500?
There is no fixed negative exposure compensation like people in some photo sharing sites blindly follow. Evaluative mostly gives the accurate results with a slight negative or positive compensation. By checking the highlight indicator you can correct it. Slight more space on the right would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Nice action photograph. In-depth training.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Nice that you could spot a cub with a kill. Its always special to see a tiger with a kill. Agree with the previous comments. Thanks for sharing.