PDA

View Full Version : Brahminy Kite

Mrudul Godbole
29-06-2009, 02:14 PM
This photograph is from the same series where the kites were diving and taking off with the prey. They used to perch on the coconut trees nearby and then dive down on the prey.

Canon 50D, 100-400 L IS USM, ISO 200, f5.6

comments and critiques welcome..

Kiran Ghadge
29-06-2009, 02:18 PM
this is nice image, the pattern formed by leaves looks good....
The angle looks little steep also I feel you could pull down highlights to get more details...

Mrudul Godbole
29-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks Kiran. The birds were on the trees above and I have photographed this from below, so quite a steep angle. It was afternoon and the light was very harsh. In PP I have recovered the details as much as possible but I guess because of the light it still looks harsh.

Basically I liked the framing, so posted the photograph.

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Great framing, but I feel this would have looked better horizontally and with not-so-much zoom.
Can't imagine how many shots you people must have taken there, it's been weeks and you're still posting !!!:D

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Good one. I would reduce the saturation a bit as the sky appears a bit more blue. The cocunut leaves at the top looks nice. It would have been good without the harsh light.

Since three of us were clicking, one can get a good idea about subject treatment by each individual. I am yet to process all my shots. Let me check about my version of Brahminy kite on coconut tree. :D

Mrudul Godbole
29-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks Abhishek. I had tried the horizontal composition, but there are lot of details of the coconut tree, so that looked a bit distracting. We were clicking there for nearly 1-2 hours in the hot sun :). the crested serpent eagle which i had posted was taken in Bandipur jungle, while these photographs were taken on the way back 40-60kms to Bangalore. I had not processed my images earlier, just finding them now.