PDA

View Full Version : Siruvani Hills

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2009, 02:38 PM
This landscape is of Suravani Hills. It is near coimbatore and borders Kerala.

It is also a Nilgiri Tahr habitat and I wanted to have a look at this place.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135 mm f3.5-5.6 IS lens at 38 mm, ISO 200, f9, 1/60, EV" +1/3rd. Full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chitrita Chatterjee
29-06-2009, 02:42 PM
looks nice and lush... though perhaps a wider angle would offer more perspective....
too many drying and dried trees in a small area..... strange.
The Nilgiris at this time of the year should be an unbroken green.....

Mrudul Godbole
29-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice dense forest. Agree with Chitrita about a wider angle. You could have tried to include the hills on the left and some foreground.

Rajan Kanagasabai
29-06-2009, 06:16 PM
This is a great place and is around 30KMs from my home at Coimbatore. Let me know when you are planning to go there next. There are some interesting treks and wildlife spots around this place. Bordering this is the silent valey and the Anaikatty ranges as well.

regards
Rajan

Abhishek Jamalabad
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow, the greenery actually appears like it is overflowing! But yes, how come there are some leafless trees?

Rahul Parekh
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
beautiful forest....captivating :)

AB Apana
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Love the green carpet, wish there had been some detail in the sky as well.

Apana

V Dakshinamurthy
08-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,

the photograph excellently had captured the ecology of the landscape in relation to the climatic factor.

the lush green is due to the presence of herbaceous climbers which are dominating on the dried branches. most of these climbers will be dried up during summer.

Dakshin

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
13-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Hello,

Siruvani area is under great threat in recent days due to heavy influx of non-serious tourists. They locally call this place as 'Kovai Coutralam'.

This place is (was) rich in wildlife. Gaur are (were)common.

The lush greenery captured by Sabayaschi is a treat. I hope the green carpet is not invasive weed.... (Mikania, a weed climber looks similar. This weed is prolific in multiplting and thrives if there is good sunlight and less leaf litter).

Best,

Lakshminarayanan

Mrudul Godbole
13-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks Lakshminarayanan, for the information. Very few people are aware about the details of the place.

Thanks for sharing..