PDA

View Full Version : Vista of path leading to Kanda forest rest house

Debasis Bose
14-05-2013, 10:16 PM
This particular path leading to famed Kanda forest rest house is one of my favourite place where I spend hours and listen to jungle sounds.
NIKON D7000, NIKOR 18 mm, exposure 1/400, aperture 3.6, ISO 6400.

Mrudul Godbole
15-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Nice path leading to the forest guest house. The dense vegetation on both the sides look good. A lower ISO would have sufficed here. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice to see the forest road leading to Kanda FRH. It appears that it has been broadened. It was once a bear country, I do not know the present position. The Kanda Maneater was shot by Jim Corbett in 1934. Thanks for sharing the thrill of listening to untamed wild.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
15-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Not many people visit this area. From childhood days Kanda has been imprinted in my memory courtesy Jim Corbett. I am told not much tiger sightings in this area. However, the vegetation is good. I have been thinking of going to this place in the last couple of years, but haven't be able to find the time.

The dirt road covered with leaves is nice as it removes the sight of the road and imparts a wilderness feeling to it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
15-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Mrudul, Sabyasachi and Saktipada, Thanks for your comments. I am sure Sabyasachi will agree tigers have a habit of showing up where you least expect them. I have to confess that my family and I are among the lucky few who has spotted tiger chasing deer with continuous alarm call of deer herd along with langurs and occassional angry roars of tiger for the missed opportunity. On other occassion saw a mating pair in the ravine parallel to the path leading to Kanda. Have recorded some lovely video clippings of continuous alarm calls of deer. We have spotted one Leopard in that area and spotted footprint of a huge bear on the far side of the road. Last two months the tiger sighting has been extremely poor and that is what is the most worrying factor. My contacts have informed that indications are inferring that poachers maybe on prowl. Cheers Debasis

Roopak Gangadharan
17-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Nice to see this and a good write up Debasis.... Although i havent been here I had been to corbet once sometime ago.The magic of corbet is now almost dream like. Hope to live the dream again soon...

TFS
Roopak