PDA

View Full Version : Leopard - Kabini

Kaleeswara Srikanth
17-05-2013, 02:23 PM
A pretty female Leopard | Kabini - May 2013
This was one of the best moments of this trip.Sighting happened just after 10 mins we entered the forest.It was like a riddle when they asked me to spot it without a binocs or camera. Finally managed to spot and thanks to our naturalist lokesh for continuously helping us to spot this beauty. This Leopard kept changing trees every minute, I was lucky to freeze this moment. After a while It disappeared. A clear message from this experience is " It is very important to rely on naturalist and their experience " We should always give them their space and time to spot.Nobody can know the forest better than them, after all they visit that place every day.

Exif : Canon 7d + 400 2.8 + 1.4 III tc, -2/3 Stop, F:4, 1/400, ISO 250, Eval Metering, Beanbag held.

Mrudul Godbole
17-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Nice relaxed pose and stare. Agree it is quite difficult to spot a leopard in the thick vegetation. Its good that the small stick is not blocking the eyes. The vertical composition looks nice. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi Srikanth,
Nice image. It is good that the leopard has just raised its head, else that stick would have been infront of its eyes. How much of a crop is this? Why -2/3 exposure compensation?

Some more depth of field would have been good. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaleeswara Srikanth
17-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks mrudul and sabyasachi..the leopard was very far away say around 500 mts from us.. So it's a heavy crop. I used -2/3 stop to gain a faster shutter.

Saktipada Panigrahi
17-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Nice image of the Leopard on tree-top. I like the composition with the habitat. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild