PDA

View Full Version : Tiger in Grassland

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2009, 09:28 PM
This image was created in Bandhavgarh National Park.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 200, f8, 1/500, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
29-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Good Shot... I'd crop out a bit of the space from the left, it seems a bit too empty. (I know u dont prefer cropping...)

Aditya Panda
29-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice, neat image. Placement of the subject is interesting. From what I guess you chose to keep the tiger's front half in the rule-of-third's corner instead of placing its hind quarters there- which is generally practiced while placing the subject in a corner. Had you done the latter the tiger's face and forequarters would have been in the centre of the frame which would have been more undesirable in comparison to the more acceptable lack of space behind the tiger.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Aditya

Chitrita Chatterjee
30-06-2009, 10:16 AM
gr8 pic.... saby.... as always... :-)
I like the sharp eyes....

Sabyasachi Patra
30-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Interesting comments.

The face is the most interesting aspect of any animal. The four points of the rule of thirds attract more attention. So it is better to place the face in the rule of thirds position rather than the body. However, in this case, I composed with the face in the same line but between the two points of the rule of thirds. I have been experimenting with more space in the front in the recent times. The idea was to portray the huge grasslands and tiger on one side. Don't know if I am successful.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rahul Parekh
01-07-2009, 10:37 AM
beautiful composition...Sabyasachi :) Placement of tiger is perfect as per rule of third but i would like to see it more intense and out of the picture.

So, cut the bottom and little from top. Hope you like the new composition and the perspective too :)

Kiran Ghadge
01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Fantastic image...it is showing enironment nicely...
Rahul: Nice effort but I feel the image look more of panaromic, proportional crop might work.

Rahul Parekh
01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your kind words...Sabyasachi has already shared proportional composition, and its looks good too :). Enjoy....

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Fantastic image...it is showing enironment nicely...
Rahul: Nice effort but I feel the image look more of panaromic, proportional crop might work.