PDA

View Full Version : Telia Tigress/Tadoba

Praveen Siddannavar
05-06-2013, 08:00 AM
A complete transformation at Tadoba this summer, while I visited Tadoba last summer I photographed most of the tigers in the man-made concrete water tubs. However this summer all tiger images that I shot are in natural water holes especially in the lakes. This is one such image of one of the Teila siblings belonging to the famous Telia Family. It was amazing to watch her come out in the open and gulp few liters of water; however the noisy lapwings and an egret that can be seen in the frame diverted her attention.
We were also fortunate to see the some great natural history moments like Tiger face to face with a Sloth Bear, another highlight of the trip was Waghdoh male whom we initially spotted on the other side of Telia Lake, he then walked for a distance and believe me he swam across the lake and started heading towards us. It was amazing to watch this chap swim; he has been spotted on around this area on several occasions and still united with his daughters. I will share his images while swimming shortly. Until then stay tuned for more interesting images from Tadoba, a true land of tigers.

Camera - Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon f4 500mm lens
EXIF - ISO 100 Av 4 Tv 1/1600 sec EC -0.7, Cropped
Image captured during - May 2013

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Nice composition with the drying water body.The head turn may be because of the presence of jeep with tourists. Does she really disturbed by the presence of lapwings and egret? Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Nice scene praveen. looks a bit high on saturation?? Nice to know you had a great time at tadoba. waiting for the action posts.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Nice scene. I think a wider composition would have been better. I agree with Shaktipadaji, as am yet to see tigers distracted by lapwings. A lower level of saturation, as mentioned by Roopak, would be good. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Nice environment composition. Look forward to more from the series. Thanks for sharing.