View Full Version : Rufous tree pie in flight

Kaling Dai
07-06-2013, 04:45 PM
shot at Nalbari in lower Assam with 5DIII, f/7.1, 1/400, iso 160 at 400mm of EF100-400 mm.

Rajan Kanagasabai
07-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi

Nice composition and lovely flight pose well captured.

The crux for such flight shots is the shutter speed which will freeze the action and provide more details. Getting lower on the apreture (4 or 5.6) along with bumping up the ISO (around 400 or above) would have given you a higher shutter speed which in turn would provide a lot more details around the wing and tail area.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Kaling Dai
07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
thanks Rajan, i was unprepared for this shot actually. there was some noise in the nearby bush & it appeared from nowhere chased by a red vented bulbul. thanx again for the tips.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Kaling,
I agree with Rajan. A higher shutter speed would have been great in freezing the action. The flight pose is nice though. Look forward to more images from Nalbari. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Nice flight pose captured. Good eye contact. So any interesting sightings in Nalbari? Thanks for sharing.

Kaling Dai
09-06-2013, 10:04 PM
in terms of sightings, there were many like barbet, woodpecker, moor hen seen roaming on the street. i had gone there to see a retired friend of mine so didn't expect to see birds in such number. the town as such was infamous for ultras in those tragic days, now seemed apparently quiet and bustling with activities. i was told in one instance, trees were felled which served as perch for the pelicans, probably annoyed by the stench of the birds' droppings. town is now as i was told, a haven for birds. kaling.

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
10-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Beautiful shot.