PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Magpie-Robin

Arpan Saha
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
English Name - Oriental Magpie-Robin (female)
Scientific Name - Copsychus saularis
Size - 23 cm
[Fujifilm S4000]
Location - Mahadipur, Malda, W.B.
Shot Taken on - Jan, 12

Mrudul Godbole
12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Nice to see it preening. Wish you had some more space at the bottom to include the wing tips in full. The whites seem to have got over exposed, giving a -ve EC would have helped. Slight less space on the right would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Arpan,
You should mention a few more details while posting your images so that we can give effective critiques. First of all you have to tell us how much crop is the image. That means after clicking whether you have just cutting off from all sides and are presenting just the view of the subject.

You have to also post the details of shutter speed, aperture, ISO so that people will be able to visualise the situation better and then provide you with suggestions.

Arpan Saha
13-06-2013, 09:39 AM
thnx for the reviews... @ sabyasachi - actually i don't keep the exif infos with me for all the images...all my bird shots are around 400/640 iso, at f8, aperture priority...

sadly, this image is uncropped...also i know it was poor work on exposure, actually i was shooting other birds at long range at 0 exposure, suddenly got this bird closeby, so forgot to reduce the exposure value while clicking the black coloured bird...

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Arpan,
You don't need to write down the exif details like I used to do 20 yrs back while shooting film. You can see the exif details while processing/resizing your image. Which software are you using?
Sabyasachi

Arpan Saha
14-06-2013, 11:47 AM
i use adobe photoshop cs6 for photo processing....