PDA

View Full Version : Indian Jackal In Monsoon

Sucheth Lingachar
18-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Photographed at Kabini, These jackals are so fast moving whole safari we were seeing this pair where ever we go.
This was my first encounter in jungle with these species .
Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/5.6, 1/320s, ISO 800

Mrudul Godbole
18-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Nice sighting of a jackal in Kabini. Had never seen one in Kabini before. The greenery looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-06-2013, 08:26 PM
A very natural photograph. The jackal, to my mind, is on move with its game plan unconcerned about the intruders.
I could not make out how the pair was seen all the time during safari. Was it confined to a small area. May be due to rains, I do not know.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Nice pose clicked on the move. It is good that the eye is in the clear. Jackals are scavengers as well as opportunistic predators. However, I have seen one lone jackal chasing an adult female neelgai in Keoldeo. From that day I have great respect for the jackals.

They keep on moving within the forest in search of food, a rodent here and a fallen bird chick there. As Shaktipadaji has asked, were you moving round and round in one area? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi