PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Pallavi Hujband
22-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Hello!! I am Pallavi Hujband from pune working with iGate as a software engineer. Rt from childhood i ws mesmerised by birds and their beautiful songs..:001_smile:

I started birding as my hobby from last 2 years.. I have done birding in south india and maharashtra.. and some in thailand...

I want 2 take part in bird conservation activities...

Very Happy to join this forum.. hoping to get some way for becoming a part in bird conservation :001_smile:

Sabyasachi Patra
23-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Pallavi,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know about your interests in conservation of birds. As you learn more and more than you will realise that conversation is a vast topic and needs effort in multiple fronts. First of all we need to start protecting the habitat. Earlier we used to find a variety of birds because the gardens and parks had lot many trees, bushes etc. These days, every park is cleaned up to have only lawns and a few trees. That is detrimental to the bird life. We need all kinds of trees (native ofcourse) to remain so that they have their own micro-ecosystem and attract various bird life.

Loud music and other sounds, bright lights also impact the bird life. Their songs change as well as the pitch of their songs change. It impacts their reproduction as well as general well being.

Lastly, bird conservation is also linked with conservation of all other species. We can't preserve just one species or one type of creatures like birds/reptiles etc in isolation as there is a complex web of relationships in our natural world.

I am sure you will find many things to learn as well as contribute here.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
30-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Hi pallavi

welcome to the forum.

Rgds
Roopak