PDA

View Full Version : Indian Jackals In Monsoon II

Sucheth Lingachar
26-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Photographed at Kabini,
Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/5.6, 1/5000s, ISO 1250

Hymakar Valluru
26-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I thought it would have been better you cropped so that the left side cut off tree trunk wouldnt have appeared in the frame, it is disturbing the image... even if you would have got only one Jackal in the image. Image with stare and green background is beautiful. Why dont you try that and post just to see how the difference would be...

Mrudul Godbole
26-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Nice to see the jackals in the open. I agree with Hymakar, as the jackal on the left is moving away, cropping the part would help. If you had been closer that would worked better. A lower ISO would have sufficed here. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
26-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Nice scene. agree that the tree stumps are distracting.

TFS
Roopak

Sucheth Lingachar
26-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Thank you Hymakar, Mrudul,Roopak for the comments...
Ya the tree stumps are distracting here... just i wanted to show the habitat here...

i have cropped little bit and posting one more image please let me know how is it..

Roopak Gangadharan
27-06-2013, 10:58 AM
this looks much better.

Rgds
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
27-06-2013, 12:26 PM
The second composition looks better. In the first, the tree stump was very close to the rule of thirds position, so our attention was going there. Also, the jackal was in line with that tree stump and was moving out of the frame. So the composition was not right.

Now the jackal is looking into the frame. However, we come to the next challenge, which is the space above. The undulating space at the top makes us think if something is hiding there. It takes attention away from the Jackal. I know these are large crops, however, my point is that our mind needs to think about composition all the time as slight changes can dramatically change the mood and intent of the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi