Aditya Roy
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
FAN THROATED LIZARD
NIKON D40
SIGMA 70-300mm APO DG MACRO f4-5.6

Bibhav Behera
01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi Aditya,
First of all I like the composition. Secondly the colour theme looks good to me. However there seems to be softness in the image. ie the subject doesnt stand out... Also, if you could have gone a bit lower you could have avoided the lighter background and the 'fan' of the lizard coinciding...

Abhishek Jamalabad
01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Agree that you could have gone lower. Also, please do post the EXIF details, and the place where you shot. Could you post the scientific name if possible?

Sabyasachi Patra
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Aditya,

Where did you photograph this one? Mentioning the place and date helps in building a record for each species.

I agree with Bibhav. The image is soft. Let us know what shutter speed, aperture and ISO you were using, so that we can suggest ways to improve it. Also, you may like to have a look at this tutorial on improving sharpness.
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268

Is it a full frame image or is it cropped? Also let us know if you were handholding. Do you have a vertical composition?

Going lower would have helped in this case.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
01-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Could you post the scientific name if possible?

The scientific name is Sitana ponticeriana

I agree with Abhishek. Posting details about scientific name, habit and habitat will help in educating all of us. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

AB Apana
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Aditya,

A nice image, but I agree about the sharpness.

Apana