PDA

View Full Version : secured footsteps...

Arindam Datta
29-06-2013, 12:40 PM
canon500d,with sigma150-500mm,apo,dg,os,hsm
@213mm,iso-100,f/6.3
1/500 sec.
exp. bias 0.
@kaziranga national park,assam.
agortoli zone.

My opener in indiawilds :blushing:...
we were driving slowly through the agartoli zone,desperately looking into every game track,and this time we spotted a large herd of elephants on the other bank of the agaortoli lake,comprising of some 20 individuals,we were overzealously struggling to focus at infinity to catch the action with rapt attention,suddenly prahlad,my goodluck in kaziranaga,whispered sir,dada age dekhiye!!!and there came from the bush a mother,then another,and following her was a jumbo toddler,they stared at us and from single formation they changed taking the calf between them,and marched foreward!

Suraj Sreedhar
29-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Nice play of light,Lovely image............................
TFS

Saktipada Panigrahi
29-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Nice habitat image. Soft light and shade and winding road ahead look beautiful. Nice to see the calf moving under SPG cover. In Kaziranga the mother and herd provide best protection and never allow a calf to be wayward because of high density of tigers.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
29-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Nice image. The curved road looks nice. It shows how the elephants physically act as "view cutter" and protect their calf. I was there in April and found the elephants really scared of people. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
30-06-2013, 12:42 AM
well composed.liked the play of light and welcome to IW. hope to see you post and participate actively on the forum
TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice image, the calf looks comfortable sandwiched between the seniors. I have noticed in Africa, the elephants look relatively more secured. I guess bigger families take care of the young ones giving them security. Thanks for sharing.