PDA

View Full Version : motherly...

Arindam Datta
30-06-2013, 11:14 AM
MOTHERLY

It was a mid-feb morning,chilling in the breeze,we started for our first safari in the wonderlands of kaziranga,western zone atop a massive elephant.the darkness in the sky was in no mood to make way for the warm redness of the sun,not even in the eastern most corner.hardly 5 minutes after the start,we almost bumped into this lady nursing her child,the surprised that mounted us was of joy and on the rhino mom and baby,of disgust and it started moving on.it was a tricky situation as the light was too poor,the never coming to still jumbo,too close for my 150mm to frame,little time to change to a wide angle to frame it completely.so my nikon p&s came into play.it did justice to the framing but not the quality owing to adverse lighting and constant vibration.whatever uploading this image just to share the sheer pleasure of the natural history of the moment and habitat and would request to ignore the poor quality.
happy clickin.enjoy!

nikon coolpix l120,f/4.2,@84mm(35mm equiv),iso-400,exp-1/8 sec.no flash.
exp bias 0step.shadows and highlights adjusted in photoshop elements.cropped and boredered in photoshop elements.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Nice moment captured. This seems to be predawn. There is a magenta cast in the image which can be corrected during processing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arindam Datta
30-06-2013, 03:24 PM
tried my bit sir.uploading the image after removing the colour cast!feedback awaited!thanks in adfance!

Mrudul Godbole
30-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Nice moment captured. Agree sometimes the mahouts take the elephants a bit to close, making the animal and us both uncomfortable. Good to see this mother and child grazing peacefully and hope their numbers increase. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice to see the calf suckling. Its always special to see babies have their fill while observing them from a distance. Your presence did not scare the baby, so I guess it was all good. Thanks for sharing.