PDA

View Full Version : Tadoba diaries-Waghdoh male

Shyamala Kumar
08-07-2013, 06:02 PM
This was not exactly how I would have wanted to see this particularly famous tiger but no one is cribbing as we all know any sighting is a memorable one.Our vehicle was behind two others in a narrow gully so taking these shots of this unconcerned majesty, was over the heads of all the people standing up in the vehicles in front a virtual acrobatic feat.D3200 280MM 1/5.6S ISO 1100 .June 13 5.30pm 2013.

Shyamala Kumar
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I think he was too lazy to walk to the Telia lake for his daily cooling off dip and made the most of the cloud burst. Perhaps he feels that shutting us off visually would make us disappear.But we all know how tenacious the human species is.Nobody was prepared to backout and the tiger was also loth to leave his comfortable mud bath

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Sighting a large male tiger needs good luck. Nice to learn you have have seen him. He needs cosy-lazy living during monsoon months, which is reflected in your photograph.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
10-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Agree with Saktipadaji, the second image is clearer. Nice images Shyamala. I have been unfortunate, never been able to see the majestic waghdoh male. Seen many images of this lovely male but never spotted it in tadoba. Lucky that you got an audience with him. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Liked the way this big male is relaxing in the mud puddle. Agree the tourists don't leave the animals in peace. The guides should ask the drivers to leave once the people have sighted the tiger after say 5 mins or so, instead of waiting there till the animal is forced to leave the place. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-07-2013, 09:53 AM
It is good that you sighted the large male. It is not easy balancing from the top of a vehicle and clicking. That impacts the sharpness of the image.

The forest department has to limit the number of vehicles, else there would be crowding. Everyone has the right to watch a tiger whenever it is sighted. If the forest department can reduce the number of vehicles by more than 50% than it will be good as at present there are cases of bags, water bottles and other things falling from the vehicle infront of the tiger etc.

Unfortunately that means loss of revenue. Nobody cares for the welfare of the animals. Making money is the priority.

This year they are planning to close the cement water tubs close to the roads, so that tigers can relax in water out of sight of noisy tourists.

Shyamala Kumar
19-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I visited Kanha Bandhavgarh as well as Tadoba this year and found that the entry of the number of vehicles in all these parks has been reduced to nearly half .Also in keeping with the latest Supreme court injunction only 20% of the core area is open to public safaris.It was really a wonderful change from what I remembered of earlier vists .There were fewer jeep loads of unruly boisterous tourists more of serious photographers and wild life lovers.One step in the right direction!!