PDA

View Full Version : Ashy crowned Sparrow Lark

Subhajit Chaudhuri
11-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Adult Male -Ashy crowned Sparrow Lark . A species endemic to Indian Subcontinent.
Date: 07 jul 2013.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Which camera, lens was used? what are the exif details ie. shutter speed, aperture, iso. How much is the crop? There is loss of details. There are sharpening artifacts visible in the bird. There is also a slight magenta cast. You may like to check your processing again. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhajit Chaudhuri
12-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Which camera, lens was used? what are the exif details ie. shutter speed, aperture, iso. How much is the crop? There is loss of details. There are sharpening artifacts visible in the bird. There is also a slight magenta cast. You may like to check your processing again. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
Light was harsh & and I made a mistake to drop the ISO in a hurry. It stayed at 400 from previous subject :crying:. other details :f5.6, 1/1600, 300mm.Canon 600D & tamron 70-300.
I cropped using picasa ( reduced brightness to cover the light) and then used irfanview to resize.
So picasa induced that magenta cast and irfanview the overall loss? I'm doing rubbish in postprocessing it seems.:crying:

Mrudul Godbole
13-07-2013, 12:16 PM
The low angle and the eye contact looks nice. I think it would be better that you used Adobe Lightroom to process your images. You can buy the latest version or try for getting some free older versions for download on the net. That would you to do better post processing and resizing of the images. You can also check the TIPS section for a tutorial on Lightroom. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
13-07-2013, 12:16 PM
The low angle and the eye contact looks nice. I think it would be better that you used Adobe Lightroom to process your images. You can buy the latest version or try for getting some free older versions for download on the net. That would you to do better post processing and resizing of the images. You can also check the TIPS section for a tutorial on Lightroom. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
15-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Good eye contact. agree with above comments

TFS
Roopak