PDA

View Full Version : CSE Again

Bibhav Behera
02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I know I have posted shots of this Bird before but i really liked the body in the shade and the light gleaming in its eye in this pic.
Comments and Critiques welcome...

Canon EOS 350D with 28-135mm IS
EXP 1/800
F5.6
ISO 200

This is a 20% crop...

Sabyasachi Patra
02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Fallen in love with Crested Serpent Eagle? Its easy. :D

I like the composition. It would have been good without the branch behind its head. Ofcourse, you couldn't do anything about it. In such cases, better to make it f8 or higher and get all of those in focus. Ofcourse, that would bring down your shutter speed. Its a compromise that we have to live with unless with have a camera with good high ISO capabilities like a 1D Mark III or 5D II

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
The light on the eye gives a different look to the image. The branch on the right with the light is a bit distracting, but anyway cant change nature :).Nice composition.

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I like the face lit up and the body shaded. Image quality seems a bit low, though, and also some grain... is it due to cropping? (unless its a problem with my monitor, since no one else seems to have pointed this out)
You may well be the best bird stalker now, at least on these forums! :-)

Mrudul Godbole
03-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Abhishek I agree, there are grains. I feel it might be due to cropping or re-processing. I didnt comment on it because Bibhav had loaded a similar shot before and I think we had commented on that aspect.

Yes using the 28-135 have definately made him a good stalker. I hope he does that only for birds and animals :).

Bibhav Behera
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Now that you say it, i see the grains too... Its not a big crop. Maybe PP needs to be improved...

PS: Stalking confined to animals and birds exclusively :D :D