PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Climb

Bibhav Behera
19-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I made this image in Bandipur during my last visit. Saw this female elephant trying to climb the ledge. It first put both its front legs on top folded inwards at the ankles. Then It lifted its right hind legs onto the ledge followed by the left. It then straightened its front legs and walked off.

This image brought a smile to my face but it shows the effort which went into the entire process.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
SS 1/500 (+0.3)
f/4
ISO 400

Full Frame Image. Comments and critiques welcome.

Debasis Bose
19-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Lovely documentation of elephant technique while climbing the ledge. It appears that the female is quite young.

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Lovely photograph of a rare angle Bibhav

thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Spectacular documentation for learners. The elephant has a true knee like human beings (no 'hock' like other four-footed), that bends back. It can not gallop or jump. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
21-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Nice behavior captured. The rare view is interesting, actually it shows how it is climbing. Good details and sharpness. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-07-2013, 09:33 PM
This is a very interesting documentation. The mud falling off its back enhances the image. Lot of misconceptions get cleared in one stroke by this image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi