PDA

View Full Version : Aloha everyone

Praveen Menon
27-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I am very thrilled to be part of this forum and with some great names in their field.

My name is Praveen Menon. I told my friends a joke about what they would call a strange malayalee.. The answer was Pheno"menon" and the name stuck and now thats my common name...I am from Kerala technically but was born in Kolkata and brought up everywhere else including Africa. I did my Engg both bach and mast in automotive but am in a completely diff field. I am more into communication and project management since I found talking was easier than actually working.

I was always into photography in my own way with point & shoot cameras. My better half Meena Menon finally let me buy a canon eos 1000D and now I am addicted to photos and photography. My gear includes the canon EOS 600D which i recently got, the standard ISM 18-55 lens, a 50 mm lens and a tamron 70-300. I live life as it comes and many moons I heard this dialogue from a villain "Tension dene ka, lene ka nai" and that became my philosophy .

Apart from photography I like travelling especially driving to the vacation spots, adventure sports (bungy jumping, rafting) and the culinary arts and try something new at home though I dont have patience following a recipe. I can eat anything that moves as long as its cooked.

I look forward to all your feedbacks and critiques to help me improve.

Roopak Gangadharan
05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Welcome to Indiawilds Praveen.Nice to know your hobbies include photography. Pls share your images and opinions. Im sure you will find that there is a lot to learn on the forum...

Rgds
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi Praveen,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Good to know you are interested in photography. Please post your images with the EXIF details and any information you can provide, that would help all to give you better comments. Do check the tips section for more details.

Keep posting.

Regards,

Rajan Kanagasabai
05-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Praveen

Welcome on board. You do have a great flair for writing and expressing yourself in words. This is a rare trait and combined with good photography skills, would be a lethal combo. Look forward to to interactions with you in the forum.

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Praveen,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Nice to know about you. I agree with Rajan. It is important to supplement the images with text to convey the message effectively. To save our wilderness areas from devastation, we need to connect with the common man to rekindle the love for the wilds as well as educate him/her about the need to preserve our wilderness areas.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi