PDA

View Full Version : snake's aunty!!

Jim Manjooran
31-07-2013, 03:22 PM
the Indian Forest Skink...locally called as Sapachi Maushi...
...very surprisingly..this one kept still for a very long time and did not seem disturbed by my closeness....very unlike normal Skink behavior....
According to traditional wisdom here in Goa...the Skink will bring in much wealth to the family whose house it enters..!!..:)..:)..cheers to that..!!..:)..

Sony Nex5 fitted with a LEA1 adapter, Tamron A mount 70-300 mm, f5.6, 1/320, focal length 180 mm and manual focus.
minor crop.

Mrudul Godbole
31-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Nice close-up. The low angle adds to the composition. Good eye contact and details. Maybe you could have tried a narrower aperture as it was steady for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Manjooran
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
thanks Mrudul...when you refer to "narrow aperture"...you mean a higher f value to reduce the opening to cause everything to be in focus..right?..
I agree completely...i have been reading through the tips forum...and all this has been very enlightening to me..!!..thank you again..!!

Sabyasachi Patra
08-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Interesting. Never knew it is known as snake's aunty. Was it on a cement surface? The eye looks nice. Some more sharpness would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jim Manjooran
09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
thanks for your feedback Sabysachi...the skink is resting on a piece of kadappa stone set in the grass to walk on...