PDA

View Full Version : Priniya ?

Rajan Kanagasabai
03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Looks like some Priniya but not sure. This was at Yelagiri

Possibly one of the smallest birds i have photgraphed. A little larger than a thumb - smaller than a sparrow. Extremely nimble, Chirpy and Hyperactive. Took ages to hide behind a bush and wait for a decent shot. A slight crop (5 to 10%)

400D, APO 170-500, F6.3 1/650, ISO 400

regards
Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
It is Ashy Prinia. I had posted a few shots. It keeps on flying about, very difficult to photograph. The part below the beak is a bit over exposed and you can try to reduce the exposure. The vertical grass blades offer a nice symmetry. Liked the perch.

Nice composition. Yelagiri is for birding?

Sagar Patil
05-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Rajan ji,
Subject seems to be more contrast...?
Nice perch and eye contact. Though I am little bit doubtful about its size you described.

Rajan Kanagasabai
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Sagar

Thanks for the Review. Actually, the image is untouched, except for the very slight crop and the reduction in size (under 200K) to fit the forum post. Otherwise, note even the brightness or sharpness is touched.

On the size, there were quite a few of them (actually, this one, the Muniya and few others) were on a large Grass field and appear as a speck (possibly like a fat bumble bee) to the naked eye, even at 15 to 20 meters distance. So my guess is they would fit comfortably into our hands.

Thanks Mrudul

Yelagiri is a great place for birding. It is just 3 hours from Chennai and a nice weekend getaway. Let me know when you are in this part of the globe next and will be more than glad to drive a team of Indiiawilds to Yelagiri for a 'birding stint'.

regards
Rajan