View Full Version : Leopard - A beautiful home

Deepak Ramani
05-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Taken in Bandipur Tiger Reserve, India.
Eq used: Canon 400D, 300mm f4
Exif: 1/500s, f4, ISO 200

Mrudul Godbole
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Lovely sighting. The lighting was difficult. The coloured leaves in the background give a nice feel to the composition. The vertical framing gives an idea of the tall tree and how high up the leopard is sitting. Thanks for sharing.

Rajan Kanagasabai
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Loved the composition and framing though the contrast seems to be opened up a bit. Am wondering if a slightly higher ISO (say 400) would have given a little more details. As Mrudul points out, the colorful leaves add to the mood and the raised paw is a lovely pose well captured.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Deepak Ramani
06-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the comments.
Rajan, I purposely opened up the contrast a bit more than I usually do as I felt it adds a bit more drama to the image. But, thanks for the feedback.
Mrudul: Yes, completely backlit. But I guess that is what I felt was charming about the image.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Deepak,
This leopard has such a beautiful home with bright coloured leaves. I would prefer to have higher contrast and get the habitat shown well. That will also ensure that the bit of rim lighting in the leopard is seen. I did a quick conversion to see how it appears.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Deepak Ramani
09-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
Yes, this looks very good. However, it was a misty morning and I felt increasing the contrast a lot removes the misty feeling from the image. Thanks for the feedback.

regards,
Deepak