PDA

View Full Version : Brown Fish Owl-270 degrees

Roopak Gangadharan
06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Here is the info on how they do this trick of rotating their heads almost full circle.

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11924

500D, 55-250, 250mm, AE, f5.6, ISO400, 1/125 cropped image.

RGDS
Roopak

Shyamala Kumar
07-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Neat capture of a unique physical capability of this particular avian species.It is expressive of how each creature adapts its body to best survive in its environment . Sabaysachi"s write up was indeed very enlightening.TFS

Jim Manjooran
07-08-2013, 06:36 PM
nice one...especially the composition within the habitat..

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Good documentation of this peculiar behavior. You got it nicely through the trees. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
07-08-2013, 11:36 PM
How fortunate I am, 2 days back I found the finest material handling equipment in the trunk of the elephant; tonight it is T-90 Tank with its Turret rolling towards nearby valley off Poonch sector. May or may not be. But the turret of the Brown Fish Owl is rotating by 270 degree.
Nice documentation.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
13-08-2013, 06:09 PM
In some of the ghost movies they show the ghost moving its head by 360 degrees. Some people associate that with owls. They have this unique capability. We humans don't have the physical attributes of the animals. I guess earlier we had that appreciation and hence various animals and birds were considered as the vehicle/associate of Gods. In this day and age when the only time we invoke the name of Gods is when we need some material benefit or get some advantage over others, it is natural that these animals and birds are forgotten.

I think slightly less space at the bottom would have strengthened the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi