Rahul Parekh
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Camera: Canon S3 IS
Place: Outskirts near Rajkot
Date: May 2009
Exif: f3.5, 1/500

Mrudul Godbole
04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice environment photograph. You could have possibly tried for a lower angle and included the other side of the bank, giving it some more space and a feel of the landscape.

You have any more from the same series?

Bibhav Behera
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Nice environment photograph... The horizon is tilted you can correct that

Sabyasachi Patra
04-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Rahul,
Nice to see so many of them. The tilted horizon can be corrected while post processing. However, better to be vigilant during clicking
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I think the edge of the land mass on which the cormorants are sitting is out of the frame, on the left? The image may have been better if you had included this edge. Using a narrower aperture , you could have got all the birds in focus. Also, you could try to correct the tilt in photoshop. Please do try this out if you have the time.
However, as Mrudul mentioned, this is a good environment image. Also amazed by the variety of birds in the shot (cormorants, coots, spotbilled ducks, and if i'm not mistaken, a bronzed winged jacana above the swimming duck(?)

Rahul Parekh
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your lovely words and guidance. Here is the new composition for you all. Hope this is little better compare to first one...

@ Mrudul: i've fulfil your wish in the new compostion. Now give me a smile :) yes, i've other images too, and will post very soon...

@ Baibhav & Sabyasachi: Tilted corrected and will take care on the field while taking photograph :). Your guidance is very helpful...i'll surely use it in the field...

@Abhishek: I'm so happy that you loved the composition. Hope in this new image you liked the left part. though not very sharp as you mentioned. The unidentified bird is Common Moorhen... :)

You all are very kind and supportive...love you all :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-07-2009, 08:11 AM
You didn't mention the out of focus foreground pole to the left. You'd better crop it out from the new edited image. Otherwise great improvement in the image.
Good that you're finding everyone's advice helpful... :-)

Mrudul Godbole
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
The repost looks better. Agree with Abhishek about the pole in the foreground. You could also try to photograph it at an lower angle.

Rahul Parekh
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Thank you Mrudul for your lovely words. Oh! yes, i need to crawl a bit :D. Will surely try to get lower angle for these kind of compositions...in my next trips :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Rahul Parekh
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Abhishek,

Pole has revealed my pole ha!ha! :D. Yes, I've not mentioned in my previous talks. Sorry for the trouble. I'm so happy that everyone liked the new composition...Now i'm not posting new composition without tree trunk. Hope its okay... :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

You didn't mention the out of focus foreground pole to the left. You'd better crop it out from the new edited image. Otherwise great improvement in the image.
Good that you're finding everyone's advice helpful... :-)

Sabyasachi Patra
05-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree. This version looks better. Ofcourse the tree on the left is a distraction and can be removed.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi