PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile - Katerniaghat

Kaustuv Chatterjee
08-08-2013, 09:25 PM
On the way to the nesting sites of the gharials at Ketrniaghat, on the Girwa river, this large specimen lay basking in the sun, soaking up warmth in its cold body. I could sense the power and weight of this ancient reptile...a leftover from the dinosaurs, a predator whose bite is the strongest in the planet, a bone crunching 5000 psi!
Shot with the Nikon D90, Nikkor 70-300mm, at 300mm, ISO 200, 1/1000s - F/6.4

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice image of the Mugger in its habitat. The notable difference of snout with Saltwater Crocodile is clearly evident. Colours look natural. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
10-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice environmental composition. Good light and nice details. The low angle looks nice. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Nice to see a mugger. I can never get tired watching the crocodiles. They just deserve our respect.

I guess this shot was clicked from a boat and is a crop. While clicking from a boat it is important to anticipate the motion/swaying of the boat while clicking. In some places like Ranganathittu where they are accustomed to people, one can go a bit close. However, in other places they move away. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi