PDA

View Full Version : Image of the Month: July 2013

Sabyasachi Patra
11-08-2013, 11:55 PM
The honour for the Image of the Month for July goes to Kaleeswara Srikanth's image titled "Rhacophorus malabaricus".

There were some nice images with natural history as well as environmental images etc and I had to think hard, and at the end it was the unique perspective in this image that had the edge.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

The original text by Kaleeswara Srikanth reproduced below:
Rhacophorus malabaricus | Amboli | July 2013

I don't think this frog needs any more introduction.The Malabar gliding frog or Malabar flying frog is one the most adorable frogs i have ever seen. This time I spent quality time learning about this frog and its life cycles. We also spent a good time in documenting the various stages of its life cycle.More pictures to follow.

I have made many images where the entire frog is seen, but this time, I wanted to try something different where I can show the frog & habitat.

Canon 7d + 100 mm 2.8 IS L + Canon 430 Ex II Speedlite falsh, Av mode, F: 18, ISO 125 , -1.3 stop, 1/250 , Spot metering, Handheld.

Prasad Dingankar
13-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Awesome... congrats Kaleeswara.

Mrudul Godbole
14-08-2013, 01:49 PM
The colours are amazing. Congrats..!!

Kaustuv Chatterjee
18-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Wow...great colours and light

Kaleeswara Srikanth
27-08-2013, 09:40 AM
A big thanks to INDIA WILDS for selecting my image for the second time. It is indeed a great privilege to get listed here. India wilds has played a vital role and has helped me to learn a lot about photography and conservation. I feel honored.My journey in photography just started two years back and with this kind of motivations, I am looking forward to achieve more such milestones.

Thanks all,
Srikanth VK

Manohar Tanuku
27-08-2013, 11:23 AM
gr8 work buddy.. m sure you'll rock going ahead.. keep inspiring with such lovely work..

Satyajit Borah
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
It's Amazing