PDA

View Full Version : yellow flash.

Arindam Datta
15-08-2013, 03:17 AM
the flashing beauty...
tiger...the greatest hunter in the nature,is not only the most courageous,witty,curious and mighty it is also blessed by nature to hone its predator skills.
it is very curious to know that every tiger differs in its stripe pattern,much like our fingerprint,but what is more astonishing is that the colour of their coats also vary depending upon its environment,the tigers from central indian highlands differ from their south india or terai counterparts,partly due to the genetic make-up and so-also owing to the different forms of jungle they need to camouflage in!
its body is striped in such a manner so dat while stalking a prey,its body outline is broken by the stripes,blending it with the grass!
the light was harsh in may at 9am...too distant for my lens,a vibrating jeep with its engine on and the cacophony of picnicker at the sight of the princess of telia...nothing more was needed for an unacceptable snap.yet the shutter was pressed...the princess framed,not only in her entire grandiose but also in her gorgeous colours...making me believe why those gentlemen who faced the tiger from very close quarters on foot,saw them pounce upon a prey or might be upon themselves....quite rightly put to words...A DAZZLING FLASH OF YELLOWISH ORANGE!

Mrudul Godbole
15-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Nice walking pose captured. Slight more space on the left would be good. Wish you had got some more light on the face. Were you standing and photographing? If it crossed in front of the gypsy, it is better to ask the driver to turn it towards a side, and turn the engine off. So you can get a lower angle and no vibrations. What were the EXIF details? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Walking pose well documented. Inclusion of habitat is liked by me. Good write up, also each tiger has a varying pattern of eyebrow.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild