PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Portrait

Bibhav Behera
05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
This was actually shot as a horizontal. Wasn't at all a shot i'd consider posting. Cropping makes me feel bad about my images... :(
Cropping feels like squeezing the last bit of juice out of a lemon to try and make that shot a tiny bit better... Hope I can get full frame shots soon with a new lens. :(

Crop from horizontal to vertical...
Canon EOS 350D with 28-135mm
EXP 1/640
F 5.6
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
05-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I remember this scene. A little bit space at the left would be better. I am sure you will get that new lens soon. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Sharp. The leaves in the BG give a feel of the environment. Few days to go before you join the big lens group :).

Sagar Patil
06-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Wow.... look at the Turkish cloth on the neck.

@Abhishek J. : Its time to move up, big lens group is moving fast yaar... Let us show PnS power.

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Agree about the need for space at the left, but otherwise, you got a good shot through the dense foliage.
You're already good at capturing bird images, can't wait to see the results after you get a better lens! Really looking forward to it, so get it soon!

[Sagar : Really busy with college right now, but I'm itching to go out somewhere for some more photography! Its a great time to go to places like SGNP, Karnala etc. for monsoon trails, they are overflowing with insects, amphibians etc. and quite a few rare ones too!]

AB Apana
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Agree about the space, but still a very different image of a pelican.

Apana