PDA

View Full Version : Bronze winged jacana.

Paramvir Singh
19-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Near Karmali in Goa.

Nikon D800. Nikon 80-400. Cropped.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-08-2013, 11:58 AM
This is not a purple swamphen or moorhen. It is a bronze winged jacana.

Did you crop the image?

When you post images, you need to convert from Adobe RGB colour profile to sRGB profile while saving the image.

Check the shutter speed. A higher shutter speed helps when you are handholding and when the subject is moving. You may try a monopod or some such support to steady your image. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
19-08-2013, 02:35 PM
The walking pose is nice. Good eye contact. Agree due to the crop, there is loss of details. Some space all around would have been good. Please post the EXIF details like aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Thanks for sharing.

Paramvir Singh
20-08-2013, 08:12 AM
@sabyasachi: it was the lens. I have shot with this lens at shutter speeds of over 1/1000 and still sometimes the image is a bit shaky. Nikon official service said this was a technical limitation in the lens(?). I finally sold the lens and bought the new Nikon 80-400 G. Havent been able to take it out for a trip yet.

And yes, its a jacana. My mistake. I was workng over a very slow internet and in between waiting times at the airport, so wrongly named the files. Thanks for the correction.

@Mrudul: thanks for the critique. I agree i cropped without thinking.