PDA

View Full Version : Mother and Child

Samrat Sarkar
22-08-2013, 12:23 PM
captured at Rajaji National park, chilla range, Uttarakhand in the month of May 2013.

Roopak Gangadharan
22-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Tender moment captured here. slightly wider compo with more of the rocks in the BG will also look nice.

TFS
Roopak

Samrat Sarkar
22-08-2013, 07:41 PM
hi roopak
thank u very much for your valuable suggession and this sort of suggession really enhance the standard of work for a beginer like me..
samrat

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Good image from Rajaji N.P. Nice to see the mother and the young calf may be, less than six months old, suckling and the most virtuous bond is being developed.
Wish Rajaji will formally be declared as a Tiger Reserve within the year and your visit will remain memorable all the more. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Nice moment captured. Agree with the above comments. Please post the Camera (equipment details) and EXIF details with each image to help in commenting better. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Samrat,
This is a tender moment. Not many people would have witnessed this many times.

Unless you share the equipment details ie camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed, ISO and the amount of crop, it would be difficult for us to give you meaningful critique which can help you.

A subject like an elephant needs a wider composition, else it looks very tight. Your image reminds me of a blasting that I had got from my dad when I was in college and we friends were shooting with a borrowed camera and shared resources to buy the reel. He had used the word "naked photography" to blast me due to the lack of composition. We all know that this is a tender moment captured. However, is it a wild elephant or domestic? Where was it clicked? If you don't show the habitat, then the linkage of the subject with the habitat is not there and makes the image a bit sterile.

A wider composition would have told us many things. The size of the subject can be anywhere between 1/3rd to 2/3rd of the frame. If you are printing big, then 1/3rd of the frame is fine. In online critiquing, when the subject size is close to 2/3rd of the frame, the details look much better. Thanks for sharing.

Samrat Sarkar
26-08-2013, 03:04 PM
thanks a lot Mr Patra and Mrudul Godbole for your C & C.
Camera - NIKON P510
F/4.9
1/60 sec
ISO 100
Exp cmp -1
we visited Rajaji in the month of may 2013. we enjoyed two jeep safari in this beautiful park. this is the picture of the first day safari. approximately nine numbers of elephant was crossing a dry river bed... at least five calves was there with four adults. we found one of the mother was feeding its calf. the experience was unforgettable. i'll post a wide shot of them....
eventually i have shifted into DSLR (canon 7d & sigma 150-500 OS) two months ago. your valuable advice will help me to feel fantastic wildlife of my country through my new lens...thanks again to both of you.
samrat

V S Sankar
29-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Lovely image sir.I also personally like to take pictures up close with the subjects.Iam sure you would have clicked a much wider and still much closer shots.
Good work anyway....

Regards