PDA

View Full Version : Rajaji NP

Samrat Sarkar
23-08-2013, 03:03 PM
We had a great trip to Rajaji NP, Uttarakhand during the month of May 2013. Lots of elephant we have seen..good to know that the beautiful park will be declared as a tiger reserve soon...many many thanks to Mr Panigrahi.

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Nice environment composition. Nice sighting of a herd with calves. Slight less space at the bottom (less of the grass in the foreground) would be good. Also if this is a crop, then more space on the right to make a rectangular framing would enhance the composition further. Please post the camera and EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Nice composition. Its nice to see the 'procession of elephants' on the dry river bed of Rajaji N.P with due cover given to the calves.

Like Tanakpur, Corbett, Simlipal; I recollect the news of an attack on elephant by a male tiger in Rajaji too.

On 24-Oct-1995, I was on the bank of the river when night fell on a sunny morning due to total solar eclipse. I suddenly discovered thousands of birds criss-crossing the river possibly going for roosting as they normally do at the time of sunset. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
25-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree with Mrudul. Slightly less space at bottom and more at right ie. in the direction the elephants are moving will strengthen the image. A bit of rim lighting on the elephants can be seen. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
27-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Nice setting... a river bed and an elephant herd.

TFS
Roopak