PDA

View Full Version : Indian Peafowl and the forest !

Achyuta Madhusudan Rao
26-08-2013, 02:21 PM
As we started from the Jungle lodges for an evening safari drive into the Bhadra Wildlife sanctuary, it started pouring. And just when we were frustrated with the rain, the sky cleared up to much delight.

And this huge male, perched on top of a tree at a distance, with pristine lush green forest in the backdrop was more than a visual treat ! It was a lucky charm to start the safari this way as we landed up sighting 2 tigers, 2 sloth bears, loads of elephants and gaurs that evening.

Place: Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka
Time : 4:00 PM, May 2013
Camera Body: Nikon D5100
Lens: Nikkor 300mm F4 Prime
Manual Mode Shooting.

Mrudul Godbole
26-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Lovely environment composition. Nice sighting it on the branch. Good eye contact. The greenery looks nice. Good to know you had sightings of tigers and sloth bears in Bhadra. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice composition. You have rightly said its a treat to the eyes. The perch and head turn of the large and beautiful peafowl nicely captured. Thanks for taking us to Bhadra T.R. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
27-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Nice setting with the post monsoon greens...2 tigers in bhadra is fantastic

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
28-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Beautiful image. I am not sure how I have missed this one. Having said that, I think you perhaps uploaded an image larger than 300kb and the software resized and reduced its quality. If so, you can post again. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi