PDA

View Full Version : The Bidar Black Buck diaries

Shyamala Kumar
06-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Young juvenile blackbuck still part of the main herd and not a threat to the dominant male Canon 60D 100-400MM , FL 400,5.6 ISO-80, 1/600S.Evening 5pm

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Nice to see the juvenile male. Lovely eyes. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
06-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Lovely pose and nice eye contact. The whites seemed to be sightly over-exposed, you can try to recover the details in post processing. The composition looks fine. There seem to be some loss of details, is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
While converting your images you need to save them to sRGB profile. That is the best for web viewing. I guess that is one of the reasons for the colours to be different. Also let us know how you are converting your images. You need to upload max 1024 pixels in the longest dimension and the file size should be less than 300 kb. I am wondering if you uploaded a larger file and the software automatically resized it. That reduces the quality.

The saturation in the present image looks high.

Shyamala Kumar
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks Sabyasachi and Mridul for the appraisal .I think that I may not have got the exposure right and this may have contributed to the loss of details.Could the fact that the the colour mode is in "landscape" and "vivid" contribute to the high saturation?I am saving the images in sRGB profile and as regards the uploading also I think you may be right. I will work on it

Rajan Kanagasabai
07-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Loved the pose and the direct stare into the lens.

Along with the valuable observations of Sabyasachi and Mrudul, maybe you would want to check the White Balance setting as well, for the Auto WB at times plays out on the whites when the lighting is tricky.

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Shyamala Kumar
07-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks Rajan for your valuable comments.The white balance angle certainly needs consideration.