PDA

View Full Version : Girls day out! say cheese- Bidar blackbuck diaries

Shyamala Kumar
07-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Canon 60D 100-400MM FL400MM ISO 800 F5.6 1/2000S

Mrudul Godbole
08-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Nice alert pose. Good eye contact. Is this full frame? Slight more space at the right to include the one on the right fully (the hind leg has slightly got cut) would have been good. There is highlights 'on' setting in your camera, so when you see the preview after clicking an image, the highlighted section will be shown(blinking) and then you can give a -ve EC accordingly.

Even with the girls day out, the male still can be seen in the background keeping a watch :-). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I agree with Mrudul. Some more space at the right would be better to ensure space for the leg.

Are you shooting in Raw or jpeg? If Raw, then the colours can always be tweaked. When I had started shooting in digital, I took some time to understand the processing. During that period the images were a bit yellow. In wildlife photography it is important to see that the natural colour is reproduced. Increased saturation/vibrance or change in colour temperature can change the colours of the species. So if there is indeed a slight variation in the colouration of a species that is lost.

You can increase the shutter speed when you are expecting action. You can try increasing the aperture to f8/f9 and see the difference in the increased depth of field.

Nice to see these blackbucks from a place we hadn't seen earlier. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Unfortnately I have been shooting in jpeg.Anyway the point is certainly taken and in future I will keep it in mind.Thanks Mridul and Sabyasachi for the tips