PDA

View Full Version : Blackbuck in midst of greens

Subhash Shrivastava
10-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Nikon P510, 1/160, F/5.9, 180 mm, ISO-400, hand held.
Shot at Khanapur neat Bidar.

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice to see a male Blackbuck with its majestic spiral horns and beautiful eyes accompanied by a female in green environment. Its also nice to see photograph from our new member that too in a new habitat. Wish you could focus it a bit sharp.

Prof. Galbraith, US ambassador in India during 1960's once said that you required three lives if you could wish to see India. It is through your participation, we come to know about some new places in one life.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Subhash Shrivastava
11-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Sakti sir, thanks for sharing your thoughts. There is big difference from 1960s, then there was too much to cover in one lifetime, now there is too little left that we need more than one lifetime searching for it. The way environment has been degraded in last 10 years in unprecedented. This is more pronounced if go to forests & other natural habitats that are beyond the tourist or media radar, we can really see change month on month.

Mrudul Godbole
13-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice sighting of a black buck. Good you got the male in the clear. Nice eye contact. Wish the head of the female was visible, that would have enhanced the composition further. A rectangular composition with less space at the bottom (as it doesn't add much to the image) would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
13-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback Mrudul. I was exhausted by a 2.5 hours trekking under a sultry sky when I turned back and saw this. I was numb for moments. I have to learn to gain my composure quickly enough.

Roopak Gangadharan
13-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Nice to see this. Looks like they are making a slow come back in many places..
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
16-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Nice to see this. Slightly less space at the bottom and more at the top and left would have enhanced this image. When using long zooms, however small the compact camera might be, it is better to use some support. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi