PDA

View Full Version : Brahmn kite

Prajwal J Ullal
14-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Recently during my visit to my Native place and enjoying the pleasant and clean weather, I heard calls of a kite very close to our house only to find a Brahmin Kite sitting on top of a coconut tree. Probably might have built a nest on it. Lighting wasn't ideal and also the kite was too far off from me. Finally equipping my Canon 550D with 55-250 lens and manual focusing I could get a clear shot of the birdie, it was a bit windy, so the branch would move around hindering a clear shot at kite.

EXIF

Canon EOS 550D
Canon 55-250IS
F/7.1
Shutterspeed 1/640
ISO 200

Jim Manjooran
14-09-2013, 06:58 PM
nice composition with the pattern of the palm leaves..good work..

Mrudul Godbole
17-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Nice sighting. Good eye contact. The light seems difficult, as it looks a bit cloudy and there is sky in the background. The patterns created by the palm leaves look good. You did well in the given conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice to see a brahminy kite. During childhood days we used to think that sighting of a brahminy kite is auspicious. In odiya we call it "Sankha cheela". Sankha means conch and the name is probably due to the white colour.

The coconut leaves create a nice pattern. Without that and the centrally placed bird, the composition would have looked bad. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi