PDA

View Full Version : Adaptability: Bird Beaks

AB Apana
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Loten's Sunbird (Nectarinia lotenia), photographed in Coorg. Note how the beak is perfectly suited to the task at hand. The bit at the end of the beak is the tongue.

Apana

AB Apana
06-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Showing the feeding.

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Nice behaviour records, especially the second image.
I suggest you put these in the birds section...

Mrudul Godbole
07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Lovely behaviour captured. Amazing colours and sharpness. Looks as if the bird is infront of me :). Great photograph.

Aditya Panda
10-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Fantastic details, composition, behaviour and everything AB! Thanks a ton for sharing!

Too bad I am seeing lesser of them with every passing day.

Cheers,
Aditya

Dipankar Mazumdar
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
amazing images Apana, I am a Fan for life ...!!!! Somehow I always seem to miss that "perfect timing" when taking bird pictures....i guess it is about anticipation and that split second that you get that makes the difference.
could you post the exif as well ??? Are these handheld or on a Tripod/ Beanbag ?????

AB Apana
13-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Dipankar,

I'm flattered. These were on a flowering hedge at my mother's garden in Coorg. I stood in a car shed next to the hedge and photographed these birds. I used a Gitzo and Wimberley head. This was with the 500mm lens on Aperture Priority, ISO 400, f4 at 1/320. Due to the dull conditions I could not capture them jumping from flower to flower but intend to do that as soon as the weather clears.

Apana