PDA

View Full Version : Sal Forest of Corbett Tiger Reserve

Debasis Bose
16-09-2013, 09:07 PM
In the midst of the dense sal forest of corbett national park, the manmade beat road leading from river Ramganga to the main tar road connecting Dhangari Gate to Dhikala next to the sarpduli zone where a 46-year-old fourth class employee identified as Diwani Ram, was mauled to death by a huge male tiger. Late Sunday around 6.30 PM on 22 July 2012, when Diwani Ram who was employed as sweeper, was returning to forest rest house after completing his day duty in Sarpduli forest range. Body of victim was discovered on Monday after night-long combing operation by forest guards. The tiger still roams free, as the forest department concluded that this may have been a freak attack. However a year has passed by and no more attacks has been recorded. I missed the sighting of the tiger by about 15 minutes during my last visit (April 2013) to corbett, else I would have been one of lucky few to see a so called maneater in this modern era.

Mrudul Godbole
17-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Its sad that the sweeper was killed by the tiger. But it is good to know that there have been no further attacks. So there is a chance that the tiger might not be a man eater. The dense tree cover looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-09-2013, 10:37 PM
There can be many reasons for the man getting killed by a tiger. This is not the first incident. One ought to be cautious in a forest. Though I am not aware of this case, too often people throw caution and common sense to the winds. A tiger should't be branded as a maneater based on one suspected killing of a man.

What are the exif details of this image?