PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Imperial Eagles

Kaustuv Chatterjee
22-09-2013, 08:15 PM
This was last year at Sultanpur, discovered an album I had forgotten about. I had walked off the track and into the grassland, observing and photographing smaller birds - a white breasted kingfisher, some citrine wagtails, etc. when I rounded a tall clump and grass and saw this tree with the harriers. They kept flying off almost in sorties and I waited for this shot.

Nikon D90, Nikkor 70-300mm, at 300m, ISO 400, 1/1000s - F/9

Roopak Gangadharan
23-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Nice to see this Kaustav. these are not marsh harriers but Aquila eagles ...look good for Greated spotted eagles A. clanga .

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
23-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Nice sighting. The landing pose with full wings open, of the bird on the right looks nice. Seems they were a bit far off. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from the trip.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Nice to see these. I think Roopak is right. These look like Greater spotted eagles. Haven't been to Sultanpur for sometime. Is it now open? I will starting doing some birding from next weekend once I am back in Delhi.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
29-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the correction Roopak, am excited to check and see that they are a pair of greater spotted eagles indeed!
Mrudul - will share, thanks
Sabyasachi - Its opening from 1st Oct...planning to go next weekend. Lets hook up.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
03-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Correction - these are a pair of the Eastern Imperial Eagles - Vulnerable IUCN classification