Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens : Sigma 18-200mm
ISO : 200
Aperture: F8.0
Focal Length : 18mm

AB Apana
07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Subramanya,

An interesting image. I would have preferred more detail in the skies.

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I like this image. However I feel this would have been better as a vertical frame,so that there would be a bit more space above the tree.

Mrudul Godbole
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi Subramanya,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice composition. Liked the greenery and the bending road. It shows the typical monsoon enviornment.

Look forward to more..

Subramanya Shankar
07-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Abhishek , I had shot the same scene in a vertical angle however the road was covered only little. I reshot the image to include the road

Mrudul , the sky was overcast the whole day

Sabyasachi Patra
07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Subramanya,
Nice image. I like the greens in this image. Winding roads are always interesting. I think a vertical composition would result in the road looking very small and it might not have the same impact. A little bit space at the top would have been good, however it doesn't take away much from this image.

Where exactly is this place? Is it part of a protected area? Some of these ghat roads have concrete side walls. Those walls hinder the movement of our wildlife, especially those of elephants.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
07-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice composition... A slight bit of horizon straightening maybe?
The clouds look nice... Dark clouds always give a nice dramatic feel to images...

Subramanya Shankar
08-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi Sabyasachi

Mutathi is part of the cauvery wildlife sanctuary. These roads pass through the forest. However I havent come across any wildlife as yet. There is a constant influx of tourists who visit this place every weekend and the constant traffic and the side walls can pose a danger to wildlife